Tutored by Teachers
Description of Partnership
Tutored by Teachers (TbT) is a public benefit company providing high-dosage tutoring delivered by certified teachers in small groups virtually. TbT is serving thousands of students across the country in districts such as Indianapolis Public Schools, Los Angeles Unified, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Gwinnett County Public Schools, and more.
Our evidence-based model consistently drives double digit gains against target standards in Math and ELA in a matter of weeks. In our spring pilots in Indianapolis Public Schools serving more than 900 students, students improved their Math and ELA scores by as much as 26% on standards aligned assessments. Because of this success, spotlighted by NPR and Chalkbeat, IPS is now offering our tutoring program to all IPS students for the 2022-23 school year.
TbT’s high dosage tutoring solution is highly adaptive, spanning modalities (e.g., in-school, after-school, summer school) and student populations (e.g., Tiers 2 and 3, Special Ed, English Language Learners, Homebound, high-capacity students, etc.). Our model is based on high-quality research findings that drive the best outcomes:
- Smart grouping of students – student groups are formed using existing assessments and performance measures to ensure similar abilities, needs, and skill gaps. Student groups meet multiple times a week with the same teacher.
- Led by a credentialed veteran teacher – TbT programs are only taught by credentialed teachers (average classroom tenure of 12 years) with strong virtual instruction skills.
- Live synchronous instruction – Teachers lead live, interactive, planned lessons and do not simply provide homework help, chat support, or pre-recorded sessions.
- Ongoing training – TbT provides ongoing training and support to teachers with mentor teachers assigned to each program.
- Data driven – TbT measures attendance, skills mastery, and student survey responses to monitor engagement and academic growth and provides real-time data dashboards to school leaders.
- Family engagement – If permitted by the school, TbT can directly connect with parents about their student’s progress and attendance.
Special Member Pricing
Tutored by Teachers is pleased to offer a discounted price of ~$16 per student per instructional hour (with 5:1 tutor-to-student ratio) to ESC of I member districts.