Indiana Curriculum and Instruction Association
The Indiana Curriculum and Instruction Association (ICIA), hosted by CIESC, is a professional organization composed of school representatives from Indiana districts to connect and stay up-to-date with the current information from the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE) and other curriculum information.
There will not be an ICIA May meeting. We wish you all the best in the final weeks of the school year and look forward to re-connecting in August. Please continue to watch for updates on the 2021-2022 school year meeting dates. Thank you for all your support, conversation, and learning this year.
Here’s a sample of what we will be discussing:
- Student Achievement
- Graduation Requirement
- High Ability
- Response to Intervention
- English language learners (ELL)
- Recourse Adoption
- Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP)
- Academic Standards
- Curriculum Mapping
- Technology Integration
- Title l
- Federal and State Mandates
Welcome Back, ICIA! We are here for you! Connection and collaboration will be more important than ever during this unprecedented time in education. We are working to arrange relevant and timely topics to learn and grow together.
All meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice. Save the Friday dates below!
Time: 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Where: Virtual via ZOOM / CIESC
Dates: September 4, October 9, November 6, December 4, 2020
January 8, February 5, March 5, April 9, 2021
9:30 a.m. – Check-In
9:40 a.m. – Presentation
10:30 a.m. – Q/A and Sharing & Connecting
11:00 a.m. – Conclusion
For questions, contact Annaliza Jones by email or call 317-759-5554.
For security purposes, we are asking you to take an additional step to gain access to the Zoom link to the virtual meeting. Click HERE to register to receive the Zoom link for the actual ICIA session. Please note the link is immediately given to you once you register. You will not receive an email with the link!
Below is a list of guidelines and protocols for the virtual ICIA meeting. We appreciate your willingness to adhere to these guidelines.
- Please be prepared to have your camera on during the meeting. We want to see your smiling face as it enhances the engagement for all participants.
- Please remember to mute your microphone when you are not speaking to avoid any noise interference.
- Include a private “chat” for a private conversation.
- There will be times of interactive, engaging sessions where participants will interact with the presenter as well as other participants. Please be prepared to be an active participant.
- Presentations will be posted electronically after the ICIA session on this page.
ICIA Fall 2020 Line-Up
|September 4, 2020||Social-Emotional Needs in a Pandemic||Christy Berger, IDOE||Presentation & Documents|
|October 9, 2020||Best Practices in Remote Learning||Jennifer Watson, IDOE||Presentation & Documents|
|November 6, 2020||Cultural Competency||Tarrell Berry||Presentation & Documents|
|December 4, 2020||Lexile/Quantile Hub||Matt Copeland & Jane Scott, MetaMetrics, & Kelly Conelly, IDOE||Presentation & Documents|
ICIA Spring 2021 Line-Up
|January 8, 2021||Accessibility Supports for ALL Students||Kelli Suding||Presentation|
|February 5, 2021||February 2021 ICIA Collaboration Session – Assessment Planning, Student (dis) Engagement, Summer School Planning, and Virtual Programming||ICIA Team||Presentation & Document|
|March 5, 2021||Leveraging Online Learning Platforms for Professional Growth, Staff Development, and Continuous Learning||Seth Slater|
|April 9, 2021||Anti-Racist Work for Schools||Dr. Erica Buchanan-Rivera||Presentation|
ICIA Leadership Team for 2020-2021
- Ashley Swanson, Pike Township, Instructional Coach
- Marcy Szostak, Center Grove, Director of Elementary Teaching and Learning
- Lisa Harkness, Greenwood Community Schools, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- Krista Clanin, Pike Township, District Instructional Specialist
- Lori Katz, Greenfield-Central Schools, Director of Secondary Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment