Executive Coaching / Mentoring
The CIESC Executive Coaching/Mentoring program is designed to connect a retired highly successful administrator with a current administrator to provide a high level of job-specific and socio-emotional support that will enhance that individual’s chances of having a long and successful administrative career.
The demands of a central office or building-level administrator continue to increase, and no matter how prepared an educator might think he/she is for an administrative position, invariably once in the position individuals realize they would benefit from additional support. Although some districts may have an internal system in place to provide needed coaching/mentoring support, an outside mentor/coach may be a better fit because of availability and/or experience.
Choosing a Mentor
The district member superintendent will contact the CIESC executive director to express interest and mutually determine the best coach/mentor for the individual receiving the coaching/mentoring.
Once selected, the district superintendent will notify his/her administrator and the mentor will contact the mentee to arrange an initial meeting.
A district will receive 48 hours of free coaching/mentoring service per year. If the district would like the coach/mentor relationship to continue beyond the initial complimentary hours, the district superintendent and CIESC executive director will agree on a specific number of hours at $55 dollar per hour.
A key component of a successful coach/mentor relationship is confidentiality. All communication between the coach/mentor and the mentee will be confidential, unless the mentee agrees to disclose information shared during the coaching relationship with the district’s superintendent.
- B.S. and Ph.D. Indiana University, M.S. Purdue University
- High School Spanish teacher/coach (rural and suburban
- Superintendent Flat-Rock Hawcreek, Frankfort,
- Executive Director CIESC (retired 2019)
- B.S. Bluffton University (Ohio), M.S. Indiana University
- Elementary teacher and principal
- Middle School Principal
- Alternative High School Principal
- First mentor for CIESC serving a dozen Indiana districts
- Ph.D. Purdue University, M.S. Roosevelt Chicago, B.S.
Miami of Ohio
- Certificate University of Dijon, France
- High School French/Spanish teacher
- High School, Middle School, Elementary School
administrator (suburban Chicago, rural IN)
- Director of Human Resources, Associate Superintendent
Avon Community Schools (retired 2020)
Robert (Bob) Brower
- B.S. and M.S. Indiana State University
- M.S. Butler University, Ph.D. Indiana State University
- High School Principal Westfield-Washington
- Superintendent North Montgomery
- Author of five books; Mentor 50+ educators
Sherida (Sheri) Brower
- B.S. and Ph.D. Indiana State University, M.S.
- Purdue University
- M.S. Indiana University
- Elementary & Middle School teaching experience
- Principal Carmel and Hamilton Southeastern
- Superintendent Mill Creek (retired 2008)
- Consultant/Mentor for school administrators and
- B.S. Indiana University, Dual M.S. programs Indiana
- Wesleyan & Indiana University
- Middle School Science teacher/coach (Southern Hancock
and Warren Township)
- Administrator Hamilton Southeaster Schools
- Chief Academic Officer, Alternative/Charter Programs
- State/National consultant virtual school programs
- Elementary Principal, Director of Human Resources for Avon Community Schools (retired)
- Elementary School, Middle School, University Teacher, Mentor, Consultant
- Founding Principal of Avon Elementary School
- Doctorate Degree in Curriculum/Instruction from Purdue
- Ph.D. Indiana State University
- MS. IUPUI
- B.S. IPFW
- Superintendent Greenwood Community School Corporation (retired 2021)
- Associate Superintendent, Avon Community School Corporation
- Personnel Director, Perry Township Schools
- Middle School Principal, Perry Township Schools and Carmel-Clay Schools
Schedule a Mentoring Session
Ready to get started with your first mentoring session? Members can log in to their membership Dashboard to schedule a mentoring session with a specific mentor.